P-p-p-p-p-p-p-f-pf-pf-pf-pf-pf; Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r; T-r-r-r-r-r-r-r; Kr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r. TRING!!!!!!!
This is the sound of me calling the person who thinks they can whistle the most interesting tune, using our specially manufactured slide whistles. Starting from today, all our Whistler Rum customers who make any online purchase at www.whistlerrum.co.za, will receive two whistles per transaction. We will also be rolling out our whistles in about 300 participating liquor stores from April onwards in Gauteng and the Western Cape.
Your chance to win a three-day AfriCamps glamping adventure for five people and one year’s supply of Whistler African Style rum. By doing what we have always encouraged you to do. Whistling your own tune. Literally this time.
All you need to do is upload a video of you whistling your own tune using the slide whistles on specially marked products and special drinks in participating liquor stores, bars and restaurants and uploading it to social media, using the correct #tags and handles – details and instructions below.
The campaign is an idea we have had since launching the business about three years ago. After having found a company that recycles plastic, we were finally able to execute the idea in an environmentally and socially conscious way – creating an additional job opportunity for the duration of the campaign.
The winner of the competition will not be selected by random draw. We feel strongly it should be the people who have the most fun, but also the people who manage to involve the most of their friends in their video. The Whistler team will whittle it down to a couple of favourite videos. Then we’ll put it to the vote for our social media community. The person with the most votes will win.
The reason we were drawn to the idea from the beginning is because it demonstrates what we stand for – “whistling your own tune” in a practical way. Whilst having fun.
Lately I have believed the tone-of-voice of the alcohol industry has become too series, especially the spirit category. The one is trying to be more serious than the next. Adverts seem “murky” with a moody ring to them.
Rum should be fun. This campaign is our way of adding fun to the game. In addition, we also offer fun and exciting, easy cocktails you can make at home. Try the cocktails at your local bar and then go make it at home. Make a video. Have fun. Whistle a tune. Don’t whistle a tune. Whatever works for you. Just have fun. Play with these whistles and tell your friends.
How to enter:
Entries close 30 June 2020.
- For more information on how to enter our “Whistle Your Own Tune” competition, keep an eye our social media channels: Facebook: Whistler Rum (@whistlerrum); Instagram: @whistlerrum; Twitter: @Whistler_Rum
- The prize is subject to availability.
- The prize includes three complimentary nights at an AfriCamps location of your choice for up to five guests (in one tent).
- The prize is only valid for six months (excluding peak season 04/12/20 – 09/01/21).
- Meals included are for one evening and one morning only.
- Winners must adhere to AfriCamps’ general terms and conditions during their stay.
- Please note that minimum stays may apply over weekends or holiday periods.